Nowadays, business structures need to be flexible and efficient, new technologies accelerate the digitization processes of companies, so the question of whether the implementation of a task scheduler is essential or not, would remain in the background, where the really interesting thing would be to ask to what extent the automated scheduling in the company is digitized or not.
Given the circumstances, a company with 600 gas installers supervisors would have different needs for booking, scheduling and completing jobs than a company with 7 delivery men dedicated to the last mile delivery, but each could benefit from the simplicity and efficiency that optimized automated scheduling provides.
The reality is that field technician scheduling allows for safer and more productive interactions with customers every day.
The use of field service technology to schedule tasks facilitates the development of communications when the field technician works together with the coordinator or person in charge of the activity. This is combined with the possibility of collecting field information, work forms, automatic reports and route optimization via mobile phones.
All these functions can be worked with or without connection, making them more flexible and allowing the worker to work more autonomously and productively.
Companies that consider automated scheduling software as part of a broader digital transformation strategy are therefore more cost-effective, and within these, those that consider more comprehensive solutions will be more likely to address the needs of their field workers and customers.
What is automated scheduling?
The automated scheduling is a software that optimises the entire process of matching the right employee with the right job based on skills, certifications, job location, employee location, customer preferences, travel time and more.
Automated task scheduler uses artificial intelligence (AI) to easily handle high-capacity scheduling requests and create fully optimised schedules to suit the needs of field service businesses.
In task scheduling, unplanned services, unexpected cancellations or absences from work can add too much paperwork to the manual scheduling process and lead to slow decision-making, so the task scheduler reduces the time to improve effectiveness and the effort that would otherwise be required to check and update schedules, locate workers and identify the right employee for the specific job.
This allows coordinators to put the focus on those business actions that require personal interaction, such as customer care, marketing services and responding to service requests that cannot wait.
For companies that digitize their task scheduling, the ability to generate, maintain and adjust schedules at any time is an advantage over others. The automated scheduling can make both field workers and customers more satisfied with the organization of the company’s work.
What are the advantages of automated scheduling?
- The worker will start the day knowing what to do, how to do it and when.
- A maximum time for the execution of the task may be set.
- It will learn which tasks are more profitable for the business, and help optimise resources to make more profit on those that are not.
- Anticipation of unforeseen events, sending the nearest worker to a location by the most appropriate route.
- It provides a real-time overview of the availability of workers.
- Avoid multiple workers reporting to the same service.
- Working with up-to-date data allows for the acceptance or rejection of new appointments when there is no availability.
- It eliminates paper and the numerous errors caused by manual methods.
- They ensure automated notification of timetables and the management of complex timetables.
- They allow key data to be collected at the field level, so that mobile workers do not have to spend extra time entering customer information at the end of the day.
- It facilitates the final arrangements with the client once the service has been completed.
Equipping the field force with user-friendly technology that simplifies and does not hinder their work has a multiplier effect on the development of any activity. And it adds another step towards the digitalization that is so necessary to avoid such awkward mistakes as assigning an employee with the wrong skills, sending a worker with the wrong equipment or miscalculating travel time.
The automated scheduling focuses all those tools and processes that the company uses in its field activity and optimizes it with AI technology, to map services and achieve the best worker-customer interaction.